YOUR PARTNER IN PRECISION AGRICULTURE
GreenSeeker Crop Sensing System
The Trimble® GreenSeeker® crop sensing system helps you effectively and precisely manage crop inputs on-the-go. With GreenSeeker, you can address field variability by applying the right amount of fertilizer, in the right place, at the right time.
- Create a high-yielding environment for your crop to grow
- Reduce nutrient input costs by eliminating excess application
- Eliminate the need for application maps or agronomist recommendations
- Operate night or day, and in fog or clouds
The GreenSeeker system uses optical sensors to measure and quantify the variability of the crop. It then creates a targeted prescription to treat the crop variability. Use GreenSeeker to apply your UAN, UREA, and NH3 to help increase crop yields and ultimately increase your profitability.
- Provides instant sidedress fertilizer application for inputs such as nitrogen
- Uses optical sensors to measure and quantify crop health—or vigor
- Compatible with both the TMX-2050™ display and FmX® integrated display
- Works with most variable rate controllers and delivery systems
- Can be mounted on booms on most sprayers/spreaders
GreenSeeker handheld crop sensor
The Trimble GreenSeeker handheld crop sensor is an affordable, easy-to-use measurement device that can be used to assess the heath—or vigor—of a crop in order to make better nutrient management decisions on your farm.
Use the GreenSeeker handheld to instantly take a reading of your crop’s health. Readings can be used to make non-subjective decisions regarding the amount of fertilizer to be applied to your crop, resulting in a more efficient use of fertilizer—a benefit to your bottom line and the environment.
How it Works
- The sensor emits brief bursts of red and infrared light and then measures the amount of each type of light that is reflected back from the plant
- The sensor continues to sample the scanned area as long as the trigger remains engaged
- The sensor displays the measured value in terms of an NDVI reading (ranging from 0.00 to 0.99) on its LCD display screen
- The strength of the detected light is a direct indicator of the health of the crop; the higher the reading, the healthier the plant
- Use the Trimble Ag Software scout app on a smartphone or tablet to calculate fertilizer application rates from crop readings taken with the GreenSeeker handheld.
- High-quality optical sensor to instantly measure plant vigor
- Easy-to-read display, even in sunlight
- Simple pull-type trigger and comfortable hand grip
- Micro USB charging port